The number of consultations required varies according to your health goals, the complexity of your case, and relies on you making some diet and lifestyle changes. Nutritional Therapy is not a quick fix. It involves working together to support the root of a problem with both diet and lifestyle. Depending on your health goal, this process may take a few months (typically allow 3 months) but may take up to a year with complex cases. Subsequently you’ll be enabled to support yourself in optimum health for the rest of your life. Because it is a PROCESS, we will focus on one or two health goals at a time. You will be provided with a combination of information and education, advice, support, encouragement, and accountability over the course. Because it is not advisable to provide too many recommendations and too much information at once, Nutritional Therapy is delivered as a course of therapy over approximately 3 to 6 sessions. You will be expected to follow recommendations (with my support) and keep in touch. Recommendations will be regularly reviewed. Prior to your consultation, I require a completed health questionnaire and 3-day food diary in advance of the appointment and payment in advance via BACS. Currently consultations take place on Zoom. Here’s the process:
- Initial consultation– In this consultation of up to 90 minutes we discuss your health questionnaire and food diary and your personalised recommendations for the next 4 weeks. These will be food-based and lifestyle recommendations, but I may discuss other useful approaches such as GP blood tests, functional tests or supplements. You will take away your individual recommendations for up to 4 weeks plus a 30+ page Diet and Lifestyle Handbook and recipes.
- Check-in-After 7 days I will check-in with a 10-minute Zoom to see how you are. This is to check your understanding of your recommendations and to provide support, not for new recommendations.
- Two to four weeks after your initial consultation we will have a 30-minute Zoom. This will help keep you on track, stay motivated and answer any questions you may have. It might be that we adapt and change your recommendations according to your progress.
- In a further two to four weeks we will have another 30-minute session to review and build on your recommendations or for coaching which provides support.
- We will continue the course for approximately 3 months and review. We may space appointments out to allow time for you to make changes or have weekly sessions if desired.
- After your package has ended, you may continue Nutritional Therapy or Health Coaching by paying as you go or buying another package of three 30-minute follow ups. After your Nutritional Therapy you can get in touch for a follow up session any time.
What results can I expect?
Picture yourself feeling completely well and symptom free. How would life be different for you? This is what many people experience following Nutritional Therapy and health coaching. Everyone’s experience is individual as we have our own unique health history, genes, lifestyle, diets, personalities, challenges and life experiences. Results may vary according to the complexity of your issues but will depend on you having to make some diet and lifestyle changes. The most important factor is being ready to make any necessary changes. Often clients come to see me with a complexity of symptoms accumulated over several years if not a lifetime. Therefore, it can sometimes take several months for improvement to be made. Some of my clients reach their health goal using just food and lifestyle within 3 sessions, whereas others may take 7 or 8 sessions over a year. Often nutrition is not the only piece in the puzzle. Clients may need to adjust their lifestyles in terms of movement and exercise, sleep, stress management, etc., to complement their Nutritional Therapy. In some cases, you may be advised to see another health professional such as a counsellor, chiropractor, physiotherapist, dentist or acupuncturist if appropriate. Whatever your situation, I provide the guidance and encouragement you need to meet your goal.