The number of consultations required varies according to the individual, your health goals, the complexity of your case, and relies on you making some diet and lifestyle changes. Nutritional Therapy is not a quick fix. It involves working together to support the root of a problem with both diet and lifestyle. Depending on your health goal, this process may take a few months (allow a minimum of 3 months) but will enable you to support yourself in optimum health for the rest of your life. You will be expected to follow recommendations and keep in touch. Recommendations will need to be regularly reviewed. I am here to provide information, guidance and support. Prior to your consultation, I require a completed health questionnaire and 3-day food diary in advance of the appointment and payment in advance via BACS. Currently consultations take place on Zoom or phone. Here’s the process:
- Initial consultation– In this consultation of up to 90 minutes we discuss your health questionnaire and food diary and your recommendations for the next 4 weeks. These will be food-based and lifestyle recommendations, but I may discuss other useful approaches such as GP blood tests, functional tests or supplements. You will take away your individual recommendations for up to 4 weeks plus a 30+ page Diet and Lifestyle Handbook and recipes. We book in the next session.
- Check-in- After 7 days I will check-in with a 10-minute call or Zoom to see how you are. This is to check your understanding of your recommendations and to provide support, not for new recommendations.
- Two to four weeks after your initial consultation we will have a 30-minute Zoom or phone call. This will help keep you on track, stay motivated and answer any questions you may have. We book in the next session.
- In a further two to four weeks we will have another 30-minute session to review and build on your recommendations. We book in the next session.
- We will carry this process on for approximately 3 months and review. We may space appointments out to allow time for you to make changes or have weekly sessions.
What results can I expect?
Everyone’s experience will be slightly different as we each have our own unique health history, genes, lifestyle, diets, personalities and life experiences. I will educate you in how our diets affect our health and steer you towards making the right food choices. After analysing your health history, lifestyle and diet, we may need to explore things in more depth and look at why these foods do not suit you. Perhaps some testing may be recommended. Each case is individual but you will be guided in which foods suit your health goal, how to listen to your body and how to prepare nourishing food.
Results may vary according to the complexity of your issues, but will depend on you having to make some diet and lifestyle changes. The most important factor is being ready to make any necessary changes. Often clients come to see me with a complexity of symptoms accumulated over several years if not a lifetime. Therefore it can sometimes take several months for improvement to be made. Some of my clients reached their health goal using just food and lifestyle within 3 sessions, whereas others have taken 7 or 8 sessions over a year. Often nutrition is not the only piece in the puzzle. Clients may need to adjust their lifestyles in terms of movement and exercise, sleep, stress management, etc., to complement their Nutritional Therapy. In some cases you may be advised to see another health professional such as a counsellor, chiropractor, physiotherapist, dentist or acupuncturist if appropriate.